Beer Facts & Beer Trivia to Impress your Mates
If you are setting up a Trivia night at your local bar or pub or you just want to impress your mates with some great Beer Trivia Knowledge you are in the right place…
We have sourced some of the wackiest and fascinating and funny beer facts full of humor
The oddest Beer Trivia Quiz Questions!
- Ever wondered what a labeorphilist is? Well maybe not. He or she is a collector of Beer Bottles !!
- According to Assyrian tablet, Noah loaded his Ark with Beer ! – Not sure about that one !
- Did you know that there is a State law in Texas that prevents anyone standing from taking more than 3 sips of beer… I wonder how they police that !! Maybe they should sit down instead …
- In North Dakota, no bar or restaurant is allowed to serve beer and pretzels at the same time
- If you wanted to send a Beer as a gift to a friend in Kentucky, I would hold off if I were you… you could face 5 years in prison
- If 2 Chagga Men choose to unite and become “blood Brothers” they must share a drink together consisting of: Blood, Saliva and Beer
Beer Trivia Around the World
- Germany is the birth place of Larger
- Oktoberfest became an official celebration in Munich in 1810 and is celebrated around the whole today between 16th september – 3 October.
- You will find a Kloster Beer brewed in Thailand
- You will find a Tiger Beer brewed in Singapore
- You will fill Castle Beer in South Africa
- No surprise here … Germany drinks the most beer
- Reinheitsgebot also know as German Beer Purity Law, adapted in the sixteenth century states that the only ingredients that could be used in the production of beer were water, barley and hops
- The translation of Beer: Hawaiian it’s called Pia, in Polish its called Piwo and in Hungarian its called Sor.
Beer Facts of the day
- What would you do with Romeo’s Rouser – You would drink it. It is an Ale!
- Did you know Sarsaparilla gives root beer its flavor
- A full strength beer has less calories than a glass of red wine
- Draught Beer was outsold by Cans and Bottle by 1940
- Can you believe there is a record of the world’s longest hangover …4 weeks! A Scotsman drank 60 pints of Beer. Source
Did you know that the strongest ever recorded beer has a 67.5% alcohol content!
Scottish brewery Brewmeister released Snake Venom, which they describe as “the world’s strongest beer.” It boasts an impressive 67.5% ABV (alcohol by volume), which is very high considering beers are typically under ten percent. Just last year Brewmeister created the Armageddon, their previous strongest beer, which contained 65% ABV. Snake Venom is available to purchase online and ships internationally from The Real Ale Company.
Contains special ingredients to achieve such a high volume of alcohol including smoked peat malt and two types of yeast: beer yeast and champagne yeast.
Unlike Armageddon, Snake Venom is not designed to mask the taste of the alcohol. The alcohol is very strong but the beer still tastes like a beer rather than a spirit. It’s hoppy, malty and very pleasant.
Snake Venom is so strong that we have put a warning label on the neck of the bottle warning drinkers to beware.
Watch this Space for more Beer Trivia Coming Soon
Keg of wisdom is all about having fun, Beer Facts, and Drinking Games but where excess drinking is involved we do encourage responsible drinking and never Drink and Drive..